1. Good notes are not just useful, but are crucial for academic success – students that just listen comprehend 50% or less of a lecture and forget 80% after 2 weeks (unless they have notes to review).
2. Student notes are notoriously incomplete and incorrect – students capture less than 50% of the critical ideas in a lecture.
3. Just taking notes isn’t enough, you must review – in real world conditions (when the test is not immediately after the lecture) reviewing notes is the key to success. Without review there is not much difference between taking notes and just listening.Not surprisingly, the quality and completeness of notes has a major impact on the effectiveness of review.
4. Trying to transcribe the lecturer actually leads to less useful notes.
5. Notes taken by students students that use laptops as word processors are not as useful as those taken by other means.
6. Note taking is not always positive – for some students and lectures any type of note taking is actually distracting and detrimental – but reviewing notes is always useful
Enabling effortless capture of lecture content (boards, presentations, lecture, discussions) LectureMonkey smart capture lets anyone use their smartphone to easily capture lecture notes without interfering with listening.LectureMonkey notes are 100% complete and 100% accurate – no critical ideas are missed or omitted. LectureMonkey‘s note comments lets everyone in class collaboratively add annotations that make review for a test as efficient as possible.
Students – LectureMonkey is the easiest, best and cheapest way to academic success.
Teachers and Professors – Students love access to captured lectures, and rank teachers that have recordings higher. Now there is a cheap easy way for them to have it for every class and exercise – and to make them responsible for their own success. Have your students download and use LectureMonkey, they’ll learn more, get better grades and thank you for it.